Not Sure What To Charge Per Sugarpaste Rose - Can You Advise

Business By Emmar308 Updated 27 Jan 2011 , 1:39am by leah_s

Emmar308 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Emmar308 Posted 26 Jan 2011 , 7:45pm
post #1 of 4

I recently started my little cake making business and having thought i had worked out how to price my cakes i seem to be running into endless scenario's where i'm not sure how to price. I tend to do novelty cakes and don't advertise cupcakes, but i've been asked to quote for a 10 inch square wedding cake, and 36 cupcakes each topped with a handmade sugarpaste rose. My problem is i don't know what to charge for the 36 sugarpaste roses - how do YOU charge for these? Do you have a price per flower? Thanks for reading x

3 replies
peg818 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peg818 Posted 26 Jan 2011 , 9:02pm
post #2 of 4

Well it depends on how involved the roses are that you do. If you can whip out 3 dozen quickly then they would be less expensive. I charge $3 and up for a full blown rose. Depends on how big they are.

Emmar308 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Emmar308 Posted 26 Jan 2011 , 10:12pm
post #3 of 4

Thankyou for replying Peg818, the roses would be the same sort of size as those on my 35th wedding anniversary cake in my photos. I'm not the fastest at making them but i think they look fairly good - i was thinking along the lines of £1.00 per rose? So, £2.50 per cupcake total? But for 36 cupcakes this would be £90, which seems alot of money to ask??

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 27 Jan 2011 , 1:39am
post #4 of 4

Buy them. They're inexpensive and lovely.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%