Airbrushing And Airbrushes

Decorating By Annabakescakes Updated 26 Jan 2011 , 7:57pm by leily

Annabakescakes Posted 26 Jan 2011 , 5:37pm
post #1 of 2

I like to airbrush some cakes, but I am having a hard time with over-spray. I would love to make nice thin lines, but when I try, it blows holes in my buttercream. It is not something I typically offer or advertise, so I don't feel that I am losing money, but I would love to get better at it. I would like to master all the cake decorating methods!

So, I am not certain what king of airbrush I have bit it is dual action, and I thought those were really good. I don't know if it the PSI, but I keep mine so low it is barely on. I am assuming that it just must be the brand of the airbrush? I buy generic when I can, but I do not hesitate to get something good when I must. So is an airbrush something that the brand matters?

I have been wondering since I saw the Sunday Sweets on Cake Wrecks this week. That Princess cake is so amazing, and I know the person who did that is an amazing artist, there is NO WAY they could have done that with the brush i have.

1 reply
leily Posted 26 Jan 2011 , 7:57pm
post #2 of 2

it's not just about the airbrush, what type of compressor do you use? If it's blowing holes in your buttercream it sounds like you need to turn your psi down on the compressor.

Quote by @%username% on %date%