Any Advice For A Tuxedo Bust Cake?

Decorating By mareg Updated 26 Jan 2011 , 6:24pm by mareg

mareg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mareg Posted 26 Jan 2011 , 3:44pm
post #1 of 9

I have a request for a bust of a tuxedo cake. What would be the best to cover it? Or any other advice?? The cake will be a torted single layer 12 X24.
Thanks!

8 replies
cakeismybusiness Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeismybusiness Posted 26 Jan 2011 , 4:27pm
post #2 of 9

I have always used Chocolate Fondant for the Tuxedo, it can easily be tinted with black paste, but is fine without it. You can easily texture the lapels. If you don't have the means to steam it to get it to shine, you can rub lightly with shortening for a satin look. It tasts great and doesn't leave everyone with "black tongue".

cakeismybusiness Posted 26 Jan 2011 , 4:27pm
post #3 of 9

I have always used Chocolate Fondant for the Tuxedo, it can easily be tinted with black paste, but is fine without it. You can easily texture the lapels. If you don't have the means to steam it to get it to shine, you can rub lightly with shortening for a satin look. It tasts great and doesn't leave everyone with "black tongue".

mareg Posted 26 Jan 2011 , 4:37pm
post #4 of 9

Thanks caseismybusiness. Is there a template out there that you know of? Maybe Ill just use my hubbys tux and cut one from that. lol Chocolate fondant is a great idea!

cakeismybusiness Posted 26 Jan 2011 , 5:16pm
post #5 of 9

LOL! I actually have step by step instructions, send me your email addy [email protected] and I'll send it to ya.

cakeismybusiness Posted 26 Jan 2011 , 5:35pm
post #6 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by cakeismybusiness

LOL! I actually have step by step instructions, send me your email addy [email protected] and I'll send it to ya.

I tried to attach it, but I can't seem to get it to show up on the screen........

mareg Posted 26 Jan 2011 , 5:37pm
post #7 of 9

Thanks! I just sent you an email from mareg88. icon_smile.gif

lanana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lanana Posted 26 Jan 2011 , 6:03pm
post #8 of 9

i made this one
http://cakecentral.com/gallery/1614725 you can find instruction at sugarveil website

mareg Posted 26 Jan 2011 , 6:24pm
post #9 of 9

That cake is beautiful Ianana!!! I'm looking for a sheet cake design though.
Thanks anyway. icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%