Business Lift-Off Stalled!

Business By MamaMia808 Updated 28 Jan 2011 , 6:42pm by jason_kraft

MamaMia808 Posted 26 Jan 2011 , 4:51am
post #1 of 5

So after winning the 'Best New Product' award at this past weekend's Bridal Expo, I got a mention in an online magazine Lei Chic (www.leichic.com)! After that came out, I got SO MANY emails wanting orders!

The only hiccup, $. icon_sad.gif

Not sure if I have to slow this train down due to lack of funds. Any suggestions?

4 replies
jason_kraft Posted 26 Jan 2011 , 5:22am
post #2 of 5

What specifically is the problem? Not enough manpower? Not enough kitchen space?

kelleym Posted 28 Jan 2011 , 5:21pm
post #3 of 5

Do you collect a 50% deposit when you take the order? That ought to cover your supply costs. As Jason said, the more information you can give us about your business set up, the more replies you will get. icon_smile.gif

MamaMia808 Posted 28 Jan 2011 , 6:37pm
post #4 of 5

The biggest stall is the money. I'm getting deposits but a lot of the orders are small and most of my exposure comes from Expos and I don't have the money for the booth.

Another bottleneck is my full-time day job. This limits the number of orders I can take. Oh yeah, and the kitchen space. I guess basically everything. icon_sad.gif Boo. I can't really quit the day job since it is the only source of benefits (health insurance and reliable source of income) for my family.

jason_kraft Posted 28 Jan 2011 , 6:42pm
post #5 of 5

Now might be the time to hire an intern to help you out. Also, is there a cottage food law in HI? If not, and you bake from home, you will need commercial kitchen space in order to legally sell food products. The commercial kitchen should also help your kitchen space issue.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%