Orange Chiffon Cupcake But No Frosting!! Help!!

Baking By ChefIsa Updated 26 Jan 2011 , 7:54am by ChefIsa

ChefIsa Posted 26 Jan 2011 , 12:44am
post #1 of 7

So, my sister's baby shower is coming up and she wants the orange chiffon cake I usually make, in cupcake form but with some sort of frosting as well. Normally when I make my orange chiffon cake we eat it as is because it's so good.

Now for my question:

Since she wants orange chiffon cupcakes with some sort of frosting, I was wondering what type of frosting would be appropriate considering it is a very light & fluffy cake?

Ex: Between Swiss, Italian, & French BC (Say you made a standard vanilla flavor using vanilla extract) which of the three has the lighter/not so thick consistency? I'm assuming French BC would be out of the question considering it contains egg yolks making it rich.

My apologies if this post is confusing/all over the place...

So in your opinion, what kind of frosting would pair up best with a cake that uses the chiffon-method? Standard Chantilly, BC, Icing, Cream Cheese, ETC? I'm speaking in terms of balance of textures, etc.

THANKS!!!

6 replies
cylstrial Posted 26 Jan 2011 , 1:09am
post #2 of 7

You could use Swiss Meringue or maybe just a light regular vanilla buttercream frosting. I would just try a couple with it and make sure that it tastes good.

simplysouthern Posted 26 Jan 2011 , 1:15am
post #3 of 7

I would do a meringue and maybe add a couple tblsp of orange liquer in the meringues mixture icon_smile.gif

BecuzImAGurl Posted 26 Jan 2011 , 1:43am
post #4 of 7

i'll just do vanilla flavored whipped cream

FancyPantsBaker Posted 26 Jan 2011 , 2:21am
post #5 of 7

whipped cream would be really good with it, thats what I always make with my chiffon cakes

caked4life Posted 26 Jan 2011 , 3:01am
post #6 of 7

This is a very light frosting that would be perfect for your cake:

1 pt heavy whipping cream
1 small box of instant pudding(any flavor to compliment your cake)
1 tbsp extract

Pour cream in mixer bowl, pour in pudding, add extract. Mix for two minutes on medium speed.

HTH

ChefIsa Posted 26 Jan 2011 , 7:54am
post #7 of 7

awesome, thanks so much for the input!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%