Placing Fondant Ribbon

Decorating By MissyTex Updated 25 Jan 2011 , 6:33pm by icer101

MissyTex Posted 25 Jan 2011 , 6:24pm
post #1 of 3

I am making a wedding cake, 5 tiers, that will have black fondant ribbon around the bottom of the cakes. Can I put the ribbon on before stacking the tiers? I am not delivering it assembled so I would rather not have to put the ribbon around them on site. The drive is 1 ½ hrs and my nerves cannot handle driving a 5 tier stacked cake. I drove 2 hrs with a 3 tier once and I was a nervous wreck all the way. I was going to stack the bottom 2 tiers and bring the rest separately. Or I guess I could stack bottom 2, middle 2, and bring top separate. Then if I have to put the ribbon on at the venue I would only have to put it on the top and 1 middle tier. I will be adding a bead or pearl border on site after stacking.

2 replies
leah_s Posted 25 Jan 2011 , 6:32pm
post #2 of 3

I put the ribbon on after stacking so I get it exactly where it needs to go But I don't add a bead border.

Are you using SPS?

icer101 Posted 25 Jan 2011 , 6:33pm
post #3 of 3

HI, i think the way you say you will carry the tiers and put the top tier on at the venue and then add the boders , you will be fine. I would go ahead and border the tiers you will stack at home. Then all you will have to do is border the top tier. That would make my nerves even better. lol!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%