Rkt Modelling??

Decorating By Gina-Molyneux Updated 26 Jan 2011 , 12:52am by zespri

Gina-Molyneux Posted 25 Jan 2011 , 2:54pm
post #1 of 4

Hi, I want to make a 3d dog cake for my daughter and have noticed that several people mention using rice krippsie treats to model heads etc, could some one tell ,me exactly what they are and how you go about modeling them into a solid structure?
ps I live in England so don't know if they are available here? many thanks

3 replies
zespri Posted 25 Jan 2011 , 6:44pm
post #2 of 4

Hi Gina

I don't think you would want to buy them, they are SO easy to make. You literally melt a knob of butter, throw in a bag of marshmallows, and stir in some rice bubbles when the marshmallows are melted.... so easy! One tip though, the recipe says to press it down with a spoon.... that really didn't work for me. Even though my spoon was greased, it still all stuck. So I put mine in the fridge, and after a little while it was cool enough for me to press down firmly with my hands instead. This is the recipe I followed.

http://www.ricekrispies.com/recipes/the-original-treats.aspx#/recipes/the-original-treats

Kelsicia Posted 26 Jan 2011 , 12:49am
post #3 of 4

Just as a suggestion. If you are making sheets of RKT and need them to be flat. Take a sheet of wax paper, spray it with baking spray and lay it(baking sprayed side of sheet facing RKT) and then press down to make them flat and then you don't have a sticky mess and a flat sheet of RKT. I guess this trick might also work with molding it too but be aware when you start moving the sheet with the spray on it too much it will start to get sticky... Hope this helps anyone else looking at this.

zespri Posted 26 Jan 2011 , 12:52am
post #4 of 4

Thanks Kelsicia, that's a great idea icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%