Idea For Monster Themed Smash Cake,pic Attached!

Decorating By tenleysmommy Updated 25 Jan 2011 , 1:42am by ConfectionsCC

tenleysmommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tenleysmommy Posted 25 Jan 2011 , 12:43am
post #1 of 7

I am having a hard time with this,my friend is expecting some sort of awesome smash cake her babies first birthday?! Any ideas of what would look cute with this cake?The pic is what the cake will look like.Thank You!!

6 replies
Alery Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Alery Posted 25 Jan 2011 , 12:54am
post #2 of 7

I don't see the pic

tenleysmommy Posted 25 Jan 2011 , 1:16am
post #3 of 7

won't let me add the pic so here is the link!
http://www.clipartof.com/details/clipart/82636.html

LogansMommie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LogansMommie Posted 25 Jan 2011 , 1:28am
post #4 of 7

Are you doing a party cake (for the rest of the party) as well as a personal smash cake for the little one? If so - how are you incorporating that little monster guy into the larger cake? For the smash cakes I've done - I've taken one element from the larger cake and pulled it into the top of the smash cake with a simple border around the top and bottom. (See pics in my gallery for the minnie mouse, monkey, and hello kitty cakes)

So one idea is to replicate the little monster (in 2D form) with fondant and just have that on top of a small 6inch smash cake.

tenleysmommy Posted 25 Jan 2011 , 1:32am
post #5 of 7

I will be making the monster and his hat for the main cake,I was thinking maybe a jumbo cupcake on the board with a fondant candle?Maybe with orange frosting?

bakencake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakencake Posted 25 Jan 2011 , 1:35am
post #6 of 7

could you do the monster holding the cake the monster in the pic is holding and maybe that could be the smashcake?

ConfectionsCC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ConfectionsCC Posted 25 Jan 2011 , 1:42am
post #7 of 7

My first instinct tells me that the smash cake should be a "slice" of cake that he is holding if the rest of the cake is the monster! OR do a separate 2d cake that just has his face...UNLESS the customer is expecting to PAY for a specialty smash cake!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%