Graduation Gifts

Lounge By lbain Updated 25 Jan 2011 , 12:12am by CakesByJen2

lbain Posted 24 Jan 2011 , 11:05pm
post #1 of 3

I am graduating from college in May, and I owe my stepdad and mom most of all because they helped me through it financially. My dad also helped me emotionaly.

I really want to get my parents something, but im not sure what. Any ideas?

2 replies
leily Posted 24 Jan 2011 , 11:12pm
post #2 of 3

A hand written letter telling them how much they mean to you is the first thing I would do.

I don't know if there are any keepsake items that your parents held on to since you were little. When i was in kindergarten in class we did our hand prints, a poem, and our picture in an 11x14 frame, when i graduated high school i did the same thing for my parents with a new poem about how far i've come because of them. They both hang side by side now on their living room wall.

Did you maybe do a silohette when you were little? In my area that was pretty popular in pre-school and kindergarten. you could do one of you with your cap on.

I'm pretty sentimental though and have already started little things with my kids that i hope to continue through out the next 17-18years.

CakesByJen2 Posted 25 Jan 2011 , 12:12am
post #3 of 3

As a parent, I can tell you what would mean the most is a note or something that says you recognize everything they have done for and truly appreciate it. That would mean 1000 times more to a parent than anything you could buy thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%