Pregnant Belly Cake Question

Decorating By holliellen Updated 26 Jan 2011 , 8:24pm by holliellen

holliellen Posted 24 Jan 2011 , 8:54pm
post #1 of 7

Hi All,
Can you tell me what cake pans I need to use for this. I have the wilton soccer ball pan but it seems to be too small for the belly and I'm not sure on the boobs either.

6 replies
cakecraft Posted 24 Jan 2011 , 9:07pm
post #2 of 7

I use a stainless steel bowl for this cake, on top of a round pan. I basically just matched the bowl size I had by stacking it on top of a round pan to get the right height. I use the small ball pan that came with the Wilton bowling pin set for the boobs. Wish I could be more helpful, I'm sure others will chime in.

alvarezmom Posted 24 Jan 2011 , 9:27pm
post #3 of 7

I use the soccer ball pan (Wilton) and the small doll cake pan (Wilton). I have several belly cakes what in my photos.

Kiddiekakes Posted 24 Jan 2011 , 11:04pm
post #4 of 7

I also used a 8 inch half ball for the tummy and wilton mini wondermolds for the breasts.

beenie51 Posted 24 Jan 2011 , 11:23pm
post #5 of 7

I used the wilton egg pan and made large cupcakes for the breasts. You can see this cake in my pictures.

Evoir Posted 24 Jan 2011 , 11:25pm
post #6 of 7

I've used the top half of the 3D cupcake tins for boobs, filled with ganache and then fondant on top - it gave a realistic 'lying down' appearance to the boobage.

holliellen Posted 26 Jan 2011 , 8:24pm
post #7 of 7

Does the wondermold make the boobies look kind of torpedo shaped? I was looking at that pan and they seemed more tall and long than round and full, if you know what I mean??

Quote by @%username% on %date%