Pregnant Belly Cake Question

Decorating By holliellen Updated 26 Jan 2011 , 8:24pm by holliellen

holliellen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
holliellen Posted 24 Jan 2011 , 8:54pm
post #1 of 7

Hi All,
Can you tell me what cake pans I need to use for this. I have the wilton soccer ball pan but it seems to be too small for the belly and I'm not sure on the boobs either.
Thanks.
Hollie

6 replies
cakecraft Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakecraft Posted 24 Jan 2011 , 9:07pm
post #2 of 7

I use a stainless steel bowl for this cake, on top of a round pan. I basically just matched the bowl size I had by stacking it on top of a round pan to get the right height. I use the small ball pan that came with the Wilton bowling pin set for the boobs. Wish I could be more helpful, I'm sure others will chime in.

alvarezmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alvarezmom Posted 24 Jan 2011 , 9:27pm
post #3 of 7

I use the soccer ball pan (Wilton) and the small doll cake pan (Wilton). I have several belly cakes what in my photos.

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 24 Jan 2011 , 11:04pm
post #4 of 7

I also used a 8 inch half ball for the tummy and wilton mini wondermolds for the breasts.

beenie51 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beenie51 Posted 24 Jan 2011 , 11:23pm
post #5 of 7

I used the wilton egg pan and made large cupcakes for the breasts. You can see this cake in my pictures.

Evoir Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Evoir Posted 24 Jan 2011 , 11:25pm
post #6 of 7

I've used the top half of the 3D cupcake tins for boobs, filled with ganache and then fondant on top - it gave a realistic 'lying down' appearance to the boobage.

holliellen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
holliellen Posted 26 Jan 2011 , 8:24pm
post #7 of 7

Does the wondermold make the boobies look kind of torpedo shaped? I was looking at that pan and they seemed more tall and long than round and full, if you know what I mean??

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%