Shelf Life Of Fondant

Decorating By Smashme Updated 30 Jan 2011 , 2:15am by Smashme

Smashme Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Smashme Posted 24 Jan 2011 , 8:13pm
post #1 of 4

i would like to know how long fondant is good for? both for store bought and home made. (just in case i wasn't clear, i'm talking about i take some out use some and store the rest...how long is the stored stuff going to last, before i need to use it up)

3 replies
Smashme Posted 28 Jan 2011 , 9:31pm
post #2 of 4

wow really, no one knows how long its good for?

sillywabbitz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sillywabbitz Posted 28 Jan 2011 , 9:57pm
post #3 of 4

So I assumed there would be an expiration date on the container for my fondant but I checked and none of my fondant (Duff brand or Choco pan) show on expiration date. Checking the vendor websites, Choco-pan's website says it has a shelf life of 6 months but that it can be frozen. I have several tubs in my freezer because I bought more than I needed for a wedding cake. Satin ice's website says it's good up to one year at room temp (between 68 and 72 degrees).

So no idea on homemade but I would check the vendor website for whatever brand you use.

Smashme Posted 30 Jan 2011 , 2:15am
post #4 of 4

Thank you, i had read about one brand being good for 6 months, but it didn't say how it needed to be stored. or even it from the time it was made....i just really had no clue. i never even thought about freezing it, i guess i'll give it a try

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%