Cake Boxes

Decorating By mamagraham81 Updated 24 Jan 2011 , 10:46pm by elliespartycake

mamagraham81 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamagraham81 Posted 24 Jan 2011 , 6:56pm
post #1 of 4

Where does everyone get their boxes at? I have been getting mine at Wal-mart or Michaels...but the cake just barley fits ont the board as it is and then when you put it in the box the sides get squished sometimes! I love the ones that Hy-Vee gets, but can't find any like it.

3 replies
ConfectionsCC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ConfectionsCC Posted 24 Jan 2011 , 7:14pm
post #2 of 4

I get my boxes from a local commercial kitchen supply store, like sams club, but open to the public! I know there are some websites you can order them from, and if you decide to make your cakes into a business, you can order them wholesale, id like to know a whole saler for boxes!! I will be official in about a month! icon_biggrin.gif

leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 24 Jan 2011 , 7:37pm
post #3 of 4

since you mention Hy-Vee i'm assuming you're in the midwest (iowa maybe even?) Not sure if you're looking for the cardboard ones they use for special order cakes, or the plastic ones they use in their case.

For the paper/cardboard boxes I highly suggest brpboxshop.com (and they're an iowa company too!!)
If you're looking for the plastic ones Bunzl is a distributer of them, you may also be able to find them at your local restaurant supply store (in eastern iowa TPC has cash&carry stores for anyone)

elliespartycake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
elliespartycake Posted 24 Jan 2011 , 10:46pm
post #4 of 4

I get my boxes from www.brpboxshop.com/. They have an amaing selection and if you visit their website, you can pick 10 boxes (diff sizes/shapes) to order as a sample pack for only $10.00. That way you can see, touch and feel and decide the best sizes, styles for your needs.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%