How Would You Handle Thiis..

Business By ysa Updated 26 Jan 2011 , 7:41am by ysa

ysa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ysa Posted 24 Jan 2011 , 6:17am
post #1 of 6

i have 5 cake orders at one same date..this end of the month..i already made the styro dummies on top of each wedding cake..and my prob is.. can i decorate the cake 2 days before the pick up date? will it be possible 'coz the other cakes are 5 layered and 3 layered mini fondant cakes..is it ok if i take the frozen cake out of the freezer 2 days before the wedding?and does the fondant makes the cake last longer when i place it 2 days or 3 days before? hope to hear from you guys... thanks so much..

5 replies
cathyscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cathyscakes Posted 24 Jan 2011 , 6:48am
post #2 of 6

Before I started freezing my cakes, I would always bake on wednesday, level, fill, and crumb ice on thursday, and decorate on friday. So the cakes were baked 3 days ahead, and they were always really good. Now that I freeze my cakes, I bake them a week ahead and freeze. I take them out on wednesday night, and let them thaw, and work on them the next day. I usually don't put the fondant on until the day before the wedding, but I don't see why you couldn't. Maybe someone else with more experience with fondant will help you out.

ysa Posted 24 Jan 2011 , 7:10am
post #3 of 6

hi cathyscakes.. thank u very for the input.. really a great help.. i'm confident about the fondant my concern is the cake inside..i guess there's no way for it to spoil if we freeze it then decorate it 2 days before...yep freezing the cakes really helps..

LisaR64 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LisaR64 Posted 25 Jan 2011 , 1:10am
post #4 of 6

As a test, I left a fondant covered cake on my kitchen table for 7 days, and when I cut into it, it seemed slightly drier than normal, but other than that, I didn't see any sign of deterioration whatsoever. I wasn't brave enough to taste it, but my husband did, and said he would not have known it wasn't a freshly made cake. I think the fondant covering keeps the moisture in.

ysa Posted 26 Jan 2011 , 7:31am
post #5 of 6

Omg!! this is the answer i'm waiting for..coa i really have 5 big orders this sunday..and like wat u've said..i wasn't brave enough to try and taste this..my boyfriend might kill me if experimented this on him..LOL!! way to go...coz the clients will pickup their cakes aturday morning and they'll use it sunday morning for their events....gosh! wat a big help...i'll post the cake pix sunday morning...thank u so much!!!

ysa Posted 26 Jan 2011 , 7:41am
post #6 of 6

i'm using moist chocolate cake..i baked the cakes tuesday..still in the freezer, ref, and i'm still baking the other chocolate cakes..my plan is to frost it with buttercream tonight wednesday and cover them with fondant tomorrow thursday morning..i plan to decorate all of them at friday..coz they'll be picking it up saturday morning..gudluck forme..lol

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%