Wilton Wonder Mold

Baking By MissKaty Updated 24 Jan 2011 , 10:24pm by Kayakado

MissKaty Posted 24 Jan 2011 , 3:24am
post #1 of 3

I used the wonder mold pan. First time I filled it too full and the edges burned to a crisp while inside was raw, after about 90min on 350. Next attempt I filled it with 6 cups of batter exactly and baked at 325, again for almost 75 min, but the center became a giant sinkhole. It looked alright after I iced it, but is there any way to avoid the sinkhole? How long should I bake, and at what temp? Thanks!

2 replies
Spectra Posted 24 Jan 2011 , 9:24pm
post #2 of 3

I JUST made this cake last week for the first time. First of all I always bake at 300, for a longer period, but I prefer it this way. I think I ended up keeping it in the oven for 60-70 min, with a convection oven, which cooks a tad faster.

Depends on the oven. But once it hits about 50min, I kept checking it every 5 min. I LIGHTLY jiggle the pan, and if it is still jiggly in the centre I keep it baking. Once it isn't jigglying anymore I will pull it out and test with a toothpick, every 5min, until it comes out with just crumbs on it. I only do this the first time with a new pan as I am unsure how long it will take.

Kayakado Posted 24 Jan 2011 , 10:24pm
post #3 of 3

sounds like you might be missing the heat conducting rod that goes up the center?????

Quote by @%username% on %date%