Flavor In Fondant

Decorating By crumbcake Updated 1 Feb 2011 , 7:03pm by ReneeFLL

crumbcake Posted 24 Jan 2011 , 2:43am
post #1 of 8

If I wanted to flavor fondant, do I just add it it? Most people don't like the taste of plaing fondant, so I thought it would help.

7 replies
KJ62798 Posted 24 Jan 2011 , 2:54am
post #2 of 8

You can add flavor but you need to use an oil flavoring intended for candy such as LorAnn. Standard extracts have water/alcohol as a base and don't work with fondant--screws up the texture.

HTH
Kristy

crumbcake Posted 24 Jan 2011 , 4:01am
post #3 of 8

KJ62798, thanks for your reply, I'll try to find that flavoring and give it a try. Have you used it, and what do you suggest for a choc. cake?

KJ62798 Posted 24 Jan 2011 , 4:11am
post #4 of 8

You can find LorAnn oils online at their website:
https://www.lorannoils.com/c-6-super-strength-flavors-candy-oils.aspx

You can try to match the flavor to your filling, for example raspberry filling and raspberry flavor in the fondant. LorAnn has a lot of different flavors so the choice is really up to you.

I have used LorAnn, both to flavor fondant and in cakes. The oils are highly concentrated so be careful, a little goes a long way.

HTH
Kristy

crumbcake Posted 24 Jan 2011 , 4:56am
post #5 of 8

Again, thanks, found it!

Love2BakeCakes Posted 24 Jan 2011 , 5:10am
post #6 of 8

Thanks for this thread. Good to know. I use LorAnn and their flavors are excellent. Never thought to use it to flavor my fondant. Thanks again.

ReneeFLL Posted 24 Jan 2011 , 10:46pm
post #7 of 8

How does the alcohol in the flavoring screw up the texture? What does it do to it? I have been using Wiltons or McCormicks flavoring for my mmf and I don't seem to have any problems. Am I missing something?

ReneeFLL Posted 1 Feb 2011 , 7:03pm
post #8 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReneeFLL

How does the alcohol in the flavoring screw up the texture? What does it do to it? I have been using Wiltons or McCormicks flavoring for my mmf and I don't seem to have any problems. Am I missing something?

I am still curious about this. Anyone with any answers?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%