Wasc 2 ?'s Cake Flour Vs Ap & Brand Loyal?

Baking By KakesbyKris Updated 24 Jan 2011 , 3:51am by KakesbyKris

KakesbyKris Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KakesbyKris Posted 24 Jan 2011 , 2:33am
post #1 of 4

I recently discovered WASC and it has become my go to. Love the possibilities? I have a couple ?'s though.

I came across a recipe that was the same except for adding 1 cup melted butter. It was very specific to use Cake flour and not AP flour. Is there a big difference in the cake? I have both so I could just try it, but was wondering what to expect.

Also, are you brand loyal and if so why? I can tell a difference when I make the mixes without adding anything, but I would not say I am brand loyal. I am cost loyal. LOL Like I can get BC for $0.79 until Tues. I am not passing that up. I do want to remain consistent to my customers. (My family hasn't noticed a difference in brands since I started using the WASC recipe though.)

Thanks for your opinions! icon_biggrin.gif

3 replies
VaBelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
VaBelle Posted 24 Jan 2011 , 2:49am
post #2 of 4

I can't answer your first question, but I can give you my opinion on your second. While I can't say I'll never use anything different, I use Duncan Hines. I first started using it because I wanted to try to use pudding mixes and someone told me that DH was the only brand that I could do that with because it was the only brand that didn't already put pudding in their mix. The pudding mix part didn't work like I wanted it to, but have had good luck with the white cake, devil's food, spice, and orange, so I've continued to do so. I don't have anyone to give experiments away to so I haven't tried the other brands. If another brand had a flavor I wanted and DH didn't have it, I would definitely buy it though.

brensmom12 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brensmom12 Posted 24 Jan 2011 , 3:15am
post #3 of 4

I am brand loyal only for dh dark chocolate. Bc is not the same taste (less chocolate flavor). I do use any ap flour but I measure with a scale and not a measuring cup.

KakesbyKris Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KakesbyKris Posted 24 Jan 2011 , 3:51am
post #4 of 4

Thank you for your replies.

I do like DH best as well, but there are couple of flavors that BC has that DH doesn't so when there is a sale I do not pass it up. icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%