What Technique?

Decorating By Kitagrl Updated 24 Jan 2011 , 2:32am by Kitagrl

Kitagrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kitagrl Posted 24 Jan 2011 , 1:38am
post #1 of 8

I am going to be doing this design on the top of a cupcake tier for a bride. I did tell her I would get it as close as possible (going to be on buttercream, not fondant)....I cannot find a stencil that looks like this and I cannot tell if its all piped or what. I plan to pipe it....but figured I should get on here and see if anyone recognizes this technique and/or stencil first....

Thanks!

7 replies
Charmed Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Charmed Posted 24 Jan 2011 , 1:58am
post #2 of 8

to me Looks like gum paste cut outs.

Charmed Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Charmed Posted 24 Jan 2011 , 1:58am
post #3 of 8

Looks like gum paste cut outs. Do you have a bigger picture?

Kitagrl Posted 24 Jan 2011 , 2:03am
post #4 of 8

No, that's what she sent me as far as size, sorry...wish I could zoom in more.... To me it doesn't look flat enough to be cutouts...???? I dunno... is there a cutter set that looks like that? I charged for buttercream and piping...cutouts would be really time consuming and that's provided I could even find a rose-cutter like that. I dunno...I don't think the vines and dots are fondant???? To me it looks either stenciled or piped... some of the daisy looking things are not identical (some have more petals than others) so I dunno... I can't really figure it out...some looks piped but the roses look stenciled.

stampinron Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stampinron Posted 24 Jan 2011 , 2:15am
post #5 of 8

I saw that cake on a blog somewhere. It is not stencilled. It was cutters. I'll try to find that blog post.

KakesbyKris Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KakesbyKris Posted 24 Jan 2011 , 2:21am
post #6 of 8

A friend of mine did a design like this and she said she piped it with RI and did fondant leaves. You can see it here. HTH

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1022838091868&set=a.1022837651857.3729.1252701127

sweettoothmom1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweettoothmom1 Posted 24 Jan 2011 , 2:22am
post #7 of 8

sorry, its definitely cut outs. i copy and pasted it in msword so i could see it larger. if u look closely at the sides, you'll see the pieces sticking off the cake. maybe u could do a combo of both techniques?

Kitagrl Posted 24 Jan 2011 , 2:32am
post #8 of 8

Wow that's a lot of work in fondant cutouts!!!!

Well luckily I told the bride that I was going to try to match it but as I was not sure exactly what method was used on the cake, that I would just do the buttercream tiers and then match it as closely as possible.

I think it could be piped okay....if I'm careful....I hope!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%