Silicone Cupcake Misery

Baking By Kitty484 Updated 26 Jan 2011 , 3:03pm by Kitty484

Kitty484 Posted 23 Jan 2011 , 10:53pm
post #1 of 5

Does anyone have the Big Top cupcake pan? I got one for Xmas and have tried four times now but the cakes will not come out without leaving some behind or ripping in the middle

I am following all the instructions except that I am using homemade cake recipe rather than box mixes. Is this the problem?? I have had trouble with silicone pans before and gave up because I could never getthe cake to come out cleanly and I don't understand why.

Can anyone help? I have two large orders coming up and one of them wants two of these giant cupcakes! icon_cry.gif

4 replies
thin4life Posted 23 Jan 2011 , 11:02pm
post #2 of 5

I have this pan and I have used it and the cake came out fine. Make sure you spray it or grease and flour it. Hope this helps.

Kitty484 Posted 24 Jan 2011 , 11:27am
post #3 of 5

Loads of people have said they have no problems with it, which is why I don't understand why I do!! I have tried greasing and flouring, non-stick spray, brushing with vegetable oil, grease without flour and they have all stuck! It's the top that is the worst bit, the bottom has only stuck once. I just don't get it and it's driving me nuts!!! icon_cry.gif

JanH Posted 25 Jan 2011 , 9:40am
post #4 of 5

Are you letting your cake cool completely in the pan?

If so, turn out after 10 minutes (and cool right side up on cooling rack).

Kitty484 Posted 26 Jan 2011 , 3:03pm
post #5 of 5

After 7 attempts and lots of tweaking and trying different things, I have finally cracked it! I think my cake mixture was just too wet as I prefer my cakes to be quite moist. Having added a little extra flour and a little less liquid to my recipes, I have managed to get them to turn out ok and they are still tasting good! thumbs_up.gif

Thank you for suggestions. I will post some pictures of the ones I decorate!

Quote by @%username% on %date%