Silicone Cupcake Misery

Baking By Kitty484 Updated 26 Jan 2011 , 3:03pm by Kitty484

Kitty484 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kitty484 Posted 23 Jan 2011 , 10:53pm
post #1 of 5

Does anyone have the Big Top cupcake pan? I got one for Xmas and have tried four times now but the cakes will not come out without leaving some behind or ripping in the middle

I am following all the instructions except that I am using homemade cake recipe rather than box mixes. Is this the problem?? I have had trouble with silicone pans before and gave up because I could never getthe cake to come out cleanly and I don't understand why.

Can anyone help? I have two large orders coming up and one of them wants two of these giant cupcakes! icon_cry.gif

4 replies
thin4life Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thin4life Posted 23 Jan 2011 , 11:02pm
post #2 of 5

I have this pan and I have used it and the cake came out fine. Make sure you spray it or grease and flour it. Hope this helps.

Lisa

Kitty484 Posted 24 Jan 2011 , 11:27am
post #3 of 5

Loads of people have said they have no problems with it, which is why I don't understand why I do!! I have tried greasing and flouring, non-stick spray, brushing with vegetable oil, grease without flour and they have all stuck! It's the top that is the worst bit, the bottom has only stuck once. I just don't get it and it's driving me nuts!!! icon_cry.gif

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 25 Jan 2011 , 9:40am
post #4 of 5

Are you letting your cake cool completely in the pan?

If so, turn out after 10 minutes (and cool right side up on cooling rack).

HTH

Kitty484 Posted 26 Jan 2011 , 3:03pm
post #5 of 5

After 7 attempts and lots of tweaking and trying different things, I have finally cracked it! I think my cake mixture was just too wet as I prefer my cakes to be quite moist. Having added a little extra flour and a little less liquid to my recipes, I have managed to get them to turn out ok and they are still tasting good! thumbs_up.gif

Thank you for suggestions. I will post some pictures of the ones I decorate!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%