Black And White Cake

Decorating By Briarview Updated 23 Jan 2011 , 6:53pm by Briarview

Briarview Posted 23 Jan 2011 , 5:10pm
post #1 of 3

Can anyone help me with this cake. Is it just royal icing or could it be unbreakable lace. Not good at piping and wonder if there is anyway this could be made flat and then adhered to the cake. You know what it is like placing black on the white cake. You only get one go.

2 replies
CWR41 Posted 23 Jan 2011 , 5:35pm
post #2 of 3

The piping on that cake isn't perfect... I'm sure you could handle piping it with bc or RI. If you make any mistakes that need to be removed, you could always chill it before picking/scraping off a line or two. I say go for it! Trying alternative ways are going to be more difficult and more time consuming.

Briarview Posted 23 Jan 2011 , 6:53pm
post #3 of 3

Thanks CWR41 Would you believe I have just found a design almost the same as this on the Elegant Cake cartridge that I use with my Cricut Cake. I have just sent the bride an email as I told her previously that I don't do piping and she said if I could get something as close as her picture. I told her I had this wonderful machine that cuts icing so she said she would be happy with something near. Really excited as I know she wanted the lace look. Thanks again

Quote by @%username% on %date%