Ideas For Cake Using Girl Scout Samoa Cookies?

Decorating By cakegirl1973 Updated 23 Jan 2011 , 3:58pm by artscallion

cakegirl1973 Posted 23 Jan 2011 , 3:47pm
post #1 of 2

Hello! I need to come up with a recipe using Girl Scout Samoa cookies. This is for a fund raiser for our local Girl Scouts. I have tried crushing the cookies and putting them in the cake batter, which turned out really gross. I thought the carmel would melt into the cake, but it turned out being hard, gross clumps. The best I have come up with is crushing the cookies and putting them on top of a layer of chocolate ganache, which is not very creative. Any ideas on what to try next? TIA!

1 reply
artscallion Posted 23 Jan 2011 , 3:58pm
post #2 of 2

Rather than use the actual cookie, I would "deconstruct" it, like they do on those cooking shows. Take all the separate elements of a samoa cookie and put them together in a different way. You've got chocolate, shortbread cookie and coconut/caramel. Now coconut~caramel would make a great filling. Maybe ice the cake with chocolate ganache. Maybe have the cake itself be a rich butter cake to mimic the shortbread. Or maybe you can find another way to creatively incorporate the crunch you'd get from the shortbread element. Then it would be a samoa cake, rather than a cake with some samoa in it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%