Cc Bouquet Icing

Decorating By bobhope Updated 25 Jan 2011 , 2:03pm by bobhope

bobhope Posted 23 Jan 2011 , 3:38pm
post #1 of 3

hi everyone!i was supposed to gift a friend for her farewell party a cupcake bouquet but ended up bringing the cc's in a i started placing the cc's on the styro ball, after a few minutes, the icing starts to fall off from the cc's & onto the table..i used shortening based bc (4c PS, more than 1c shortening, 1tsp vanilla)& popped the cc's into the ref to make icing set...but as soon as i take them out of the ref & place them on the styro...there goes the icing...I thought of turning on the a/c but then I thought it would still be a risk transporting them since it's warm can i use ROYAL ICING instead?...we have humid weather most of the time =( ....THANK YOU in advance for any help, tip, suggestion i could get...i thought of making the bouquet popular among my clients since no one of the local cake shops here offer them... icon_smile.gif

2 replies
leily Posted 24 Jan 2011 , 9:41am
post #2 of 3

i suggest doing cupcake boquets with cups instead. Check out this thread for instructions

As for the icing, it is a crusting american buttercream i wouldn't put it in the fridge. Just let it sit on the counter to crust. When you take it out it's going to warm up and become soft and most likely slide (expecially if it's humid and you put them at an angle) The styrofoam ball approach tends to put them more at an angle so the icing can do this.
Also, is the icing actually adhearing to the cupcake? or is it just sitting on top? If it's not actually "adhearing" to the cupcake then it's going to slide no matter how you put it on. When i put icing on my cupcakes i can turn it upside down and the icing stays on.

bobhope Posted 25 Jan 2011 , 2:03pm
post #3 of 3

thanks leily!for the's a great idea to use cups...that's what actually happened to my just sat do you make it adhere to the cc's or does it depend on the icing used?....thanks again icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%