Anyone Have A Yummy Carmel Smbc Recipe?

Baking By cakegirl1973 Updated 23 Jan 2011 , 7:05pm by HappyCake10609

cakegirl1973 Posted 23 Jan 2011 , 3:35pm
post #1 of 6

Hello! I am looking for a carmel SMBC recipe, and I didn't see one when I did a search. Does anyone have one that they wouldn't mind sharing? TIA!

5 replies
drakegore Posted 23 Jan 2011 , 4:12pm
post #2 of 6

If you want a delicate caramel flavor, substitute the white sugar with brown sugar. It's my absolute favorite smbc.

stsapph Posted 23 Jan 2011 , 4:15pm
post #3 of 6

I just add the Torani Caramel syrup into the SMBC. Don't be shy, it takes a lot, but it is so yummy. I find it either at World Market, or in the grocery store near the coffee.

afunk Posted 23 Jan 2011 , 6:29pm
post #4 of 6

You can also add either caramel ice cream topping or melt down chewy wherters caramels and add cream for an easy caramel.

icer101 Posted 23 Jan 2011 , 6:56pm
post #5 of 6

I make brown sugar smbc. Then i make jodief"s caramel (recipe on this site. very delicious) , then i add this to the finished smbc(i add to taste) very delicious. If my layers are chocolate, then i dice up somekind of chocolate candy with caramel centers and add this too. It is great. (for the filling of course) For the icing , the brown sugar smbc or the chocolate smbc is great with all this flavor. I think all this would be great with a yellow layer also. hth I also use the nestel la lechera dulce deleche (canned) I whip it and then add to the brown sugar smbc.

HappyCake10609 Posted 23 Jan 2011 , 7:05pm
post #6 of 6

I just add a can of Dulce de Leche (you can find it near the Goya Foods in the grocery store) to a batch of vanilla SMBC, SO yummy! I recently started making my own Dulce de Leche but make sure it is a thicker consistency so the icing isn't too soft... it makes the most amazing caramel frosting!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%