New To Cookies

Baking By dreamtreats Updated 23 Jan 2011 , 1:14pm by cakesrock

dreamtreats Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dreamtreats Posted 22 Jan 2011 , 10:25pm
post #1 of 4

I have not really every done decorated cookies before. I need to help with a good recipe and icing. This will be done with a #3 cutter and decorated for 3 year olds. I dont want the icing to be super hard but it need to be hard enough that i can put in a bag.

thanks in advance

3 replies
bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 22 Jan 2011 , 10:41pm
post #2 of 4

If it's for little kids, I would suggest regular buttercream. I have a student with a toddler with the same request you have and she did pumpkin cookies with buttercream and an offset spatula in orange buttercream, then did green buttercream leaves and vines. Very easy design for the little ones.

motherofgrace Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
motherofgrace Posted 22 Jan 2011 , 10:46pm
post #3 of 4

the glace GeminiRJ uses hardens enough to stack, but soft enough not to break your teeth!

cakesrock Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesrock Posted 23 Jan 2011 , 1:14pm
post #4 of 4

I have a 3 and 5 yr old and we did NFSC and 'painted' on icing for Christmas. I found a recipe on line that was just really just watered down RI. It worked great. My 3 yr old handled the paintbrush with no problem. Then we just stuck on some sprinkles and such. I stuck to a couple of colors (mostly red and white) or the colors run a bit. But it was successful and less messy!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%