Swiss Meringue Recipe With Less Sugar Or Butter...

Baking By cocobean Updated 23 Jan 2011 , 10:40am by yupi

cocobean Posted 22 Jan 2011 , 6:49pm
post #1 of 3

...people were talking the other day about swiss meringue bc that had less sugar or butter. Does anyone have that recipe?? I don't know what I did with it! icon_confused.gif I would really appreciate if you can send me a link or the recipe. Thanks so much.!

2 replies
Annabakescakes Posted 22 Jan 2011 , 7:57pm
post #2 of 3

You can make it with both less sugar and less butter, and less egg whites. It doesn't cover as much cake though. icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Seriously, though, if you don't like it as buttery, you can add more vanilla, or half Crisco. And just omit a little of the sugar.

You can also look at other recipes online. There are a ton of them.

yupi Posted 23 Jan 2011 , 10:40am
post #3 of 3

is this the topic you're looking for? I made a strawberry version last month and it's really good icon_biggrin.gifhttp://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopic-594605-0-days0-orderasc-.html

not to hijack your topic, but I hope someone can enlighten me as well about SMBC, I saw some recipes using same amount of eggs but with less/more butter and sugar, what does the difference of amount in butter and sugar effected other than flavor? will using different amount of butter/sugar effect the consistency and resistance to heat as well?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%