Cupcake-Icing Gadget...

Baking By onemissa Updated 23 Jan 2011 , 9:14pm by cylstrial

onemissa Posted 22 Jan 2011 , 6:05pm
post #1 of 5

In the recent issue of Modern Baking there was an article about a bakery in Illinois and the technique they use to perfectly ice cupcakes. It was some kind of try with slots for the cupcakes and then you slab on some icing. It ices every cupcake at the same time and evenly. I REALLY want one of these, but I can't seem to find any info on it. If anyone know PLEASE let me know. TIA!!

4 replies
zespri Posted 22 Jan 2011 , 11:21pm
post #2 of 5

why not contact the bakery in illinois and ask them?

onemissa Posted 23 Jan 2011 , 5:18pm
post #3 of 5

Ok, so I found out where I can buy this gadget, but it is way toooo expensive. They want $625 and that's on sale!! Even if I owned a bakery I wouldn't want to pay this much. I guess I'll have to find something else icon_sad.gif

onemissa Posted 23 Jan 2011 , 5:18pm
post #4 of 5

Ok, so I found out where I can buy this gadget, but it is way toooo expensive. They want $625 and that's on sale!! Even if I owned a bakery I wouldn't want to pay this much. I guess I'll have to find something else icon_sad.gif

cylstrial Posted 23 Jan 2011 , 9:14pm
post #5 of 5

I had a feeling when I was reading your post that it was going to be super expensive. But you know what, part of the charm of cupcakes is that they are handmade and hand frosted! Just keep frosting them by yourself!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%