Finally, I was able to face the beast and defeat it-for the most part. Still having problems with very weak lines, and some typefaces, but I got it to cut for the first time EVER! I should say that I have the Cricut Create, which is the smallest one, but it worked for me. I needed to make a variety of cupcake toppers for a bride to see, and I did it!!! The most important trick (I learned it from a CCer's post-so many not sure who-sorry!) is to make sure that you have the right amount of shortening on the mat. Not too much, not too little. Let the gp sit to air dry until when you try to push it with your fingertips, it doesn't move. That was the key for me. I used Linda McClure's recipe for gp and my pasta machine on #6. Speed was medium and pressure was high. My next try is modeling chocolate-but that's for another day.
WOOOO HOOOOO!! Congratulations. They really do work LOL.
Thanks so much! I just have to work on getting those intricate designs/thinner typefaces to work-the all will be perfect!
Yipee for you ! Congrats...
I just put mine on Craigs List $$ - Gave up
Don't give up. It took me a lot, but it finally worked. when it works it's amazing.