Does Anyone Know How To Change A Pdf File??

Lounge By Kiddiekakes Updated 22 Jan 2011 , 3:33am by ptanyer

Kiddiekakes Posted 22 Jan 2011 , 1:10am
post #1 of 7

I scanned a photo of a friend so that I can use the picture with a characature program.I want to make the photo a cartoon so I can use it on his retirement cake but my computer only recognizes the file in PDF form and won't allow me to open it in the cartoon program.Is there any way I can change the PDF to a JPG or Bitmap or some form of file so I can open the photo???

Thanks icon_redface.gif

6 replies
Loucinda Posted 22 Jan 2011 , 1:45am
post #2 of 7

Open the pic in paint and then click "save as" and there will be a drop down box, pick which way you want it saved there.

Kiddiekakes Posted 22 Jan 2011 , 2:32am
post #3 of 7

It won't open up in paint either..It's like it's locked into PDF and you can't access it.When you go to the drop down menu and try to click on it isn't even there...I am getting frustrated..I am trying to use this photo to create a cartoon for a cake and I am having a hard time...

shannon100 Posted 22 Jan 2011 , 2:44am
post #4 of 7

Can you rescan it and save it as a JPEG? My computer lets me choose what I'm scanning, either a document or a photo, and then it lets me save it in the format I need.

If that doesn't work, maybe take a screen shot and edit out the rest of the screen so it's just the image you want?

Kiddiekakes Posted 22 Jan 2011 , 3:01am
post #5 of 7

That's the problem..when I scan it it automatically saves it to a PDF scan file.It gives me no option whether to save it as a document or photo...Hubby is trying to scan it on his computer and email it to me as a saved photo...

shannon100 Posted 22 Jan 2011 , 3:16am
post #6 of 7

Oh, ok. Sorry about that.

If your husband's computer won't scan it, you can email it to me and I can try it. I have a mac, and it looks like i can save it as a JPEG.

ptanyer Posted 22 Jan 2011 , 3:33am
post #7 of 7

If you want to send me the pdf file I will open it in Photoshop and save it as a jpg and send it back to you.

Quote by @%username% on %date%