Cakecentral Is Addictive!

Lounge By heyjules Updated 26 Jan 2011 , 2:31am by heyjules

heyjules Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
heyjules Posted 21 Jan 2011 , 11:10pm
post #1 of 9

So I've spent a ridiculous amount of time here the last few days, after not being on here much for a long time. My husband came home today and said "oh no, not cakecentral again! THought you gave that up! Don't get any ideas for new stuff to buy!" Too late, I said. I've already ordered a gelatin flowers book and mat...and 'the mat'...sorry. On not as great of a note, I think I also got the 'system tool' malware from cakecentral somehow...since that's the only place I've been today. (can't say for sure that it's from here, just speculation.) However, it's really not that bad and super easy to get rid of. I just posted in technical support on how to do that. It won't stop me from my cakecentral addiction!

8 replies
Rainyvv Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rainyvv Posted 21 Jan 2011 , 11:17pm
post #2 of 9

I can't get enough either. I've infected my computer 3 times but can stay away. My Hubby has been nice about fixing it right away. I hope they correct the problem soon before he gets fed up. icon_wink.gif

leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 22 Jan 2011 , 2:22am
post #3 of 9

have you every clicked on the "warning - this website is highly addictive" button on the left side of the screen above twitter? if not you should icon_smile.gif

As for the malware/virus thing.... yeah i've gotten it too. My BF is a CTO and has set my computer up so i shouldn't be able to get a virus, but whatever has infected CC gets on my computer when i click on links here (at least that is what he is guessing w/o seeing behind the scenes at CC) but guess what.... i'm still here too icon_smile.gif i have to be extra nice since he has to wipe out my computer again.

JulieMN Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JulieMN Posted 22 Jan 2011 , 2:54am
post #4 of 9

very, very easy to spend way too much time here......drifted away over the holidays....and during the recent technical troubles....but really easy to get sucked back in. thumbs_up.gif

heyjules Posted 22 Jan 2011 , 9:35pm
post #5 of 9

the good news is that it's not a virus...just malware. it won't do actual 'harm' to your computer, like giving someone access to your info, it's just annoying & bad for those who fall for it and pay for the fix.

heyjules Posted 26 Jan 2011 , 2:15am
post #6 of 9

unbelieveable! I just got it again! Is it enough to keep me away? Probably not, back in 5!

zespri Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
zespri Posted 26 Jan 2011 , 2:20am
post #7 of 9

What's this virus do? So I can keep an eye out for it.

heyjules Posted 26 Jan 2011 , 2:29am
post #8 of 9

Back again! It's not a virus, just malware. I was having a hard time narrowing down how I keep getting it (it's 3 now.) But it seems to happen when I click on the home button at the top. A Java script message comes up and then it starts.

heyjules Posted 26 Jan 2011 , 2:31am
post #9 of 9

Sorry, as for what it does, a message keeps popping up every minute warning you that your computer is infected and urging you to buy the fix. (though it's so ridiculous I don't know who would fall for it.) It won't let you click on fixes, you have to go thru safe mode on your computer.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%