Paint Colored Fondant White?

Decorating By dsnygrl Updated 22 Jan 2011 , 12:01am by Dayti

dsnygrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dsnygrl Posted 21 Jan 2011 , 5:16pm
post #1 of 9

I am going to be molding a few fondant pieces that have some small areas of white on them. Instead of molding them with white fondant and then having to paint most of the piece in colors, is there anything I can use that will paint white over areas that are colored if I use colored fondant to start with?

8 replies
schnumvf Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
schnumvf Posted 21 Jan 2011 , 6:19pm
post #2 of 9

I think I would mold it with whatever color you are working with and then work in the white fondant detail afterwards. Honestly I'm not sure how well that will work but I know it would work better with modeling chocolate than fondant.

valeo75 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
valeo75 Posted 21 Jan 2011 , 6:21pm
post #3 of 9

I just purchased some white americolor recently. But my favorite to do white on figures is just plain ole royal icing because you can make it as thin or as thick as you need.

Kitagrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kitagrl Posted 21 Jan 2011 , 6:34pm
post #4 of 9

White Americolor, not diluted with anything, works just fine for small details on color.

Price Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Price Posted 21 Jan 2011 , 6:53pm
post #5 of 9

I use the white Americolor undiluted all the time for small white details.

Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 21 Jan 2011 , 7:35pm
post #6 of 9

Wilton's white will work too, if that's all you can find. But store the bottle in a baggie, it always leaks.

Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 21 Jan 2011 , 7:36pm
post #7 of 9

Wilton's white will work too, if that's all you can find. But store the bottle in a baggie, it always leaks.

Reyna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Reyna Posted 21 Jan 2011 , 7:53pm
post #8 of 9

That's funny!! and so true. it leaks!! you would think they would have fixed it by now. I use white wilton coloring also it makes your fondant very nice bright white. It does take longer to dry! than any other color.

Dayti Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dayti Posted 22 Jan 2011 , 12:01am
post #9 of 9

I laughed when I read about the wilton whitewhite leaking, so true!
CK also do a white paste colour, if you can't get the other brands mentioned. Royal icing would be a good alternative too, as suggested already by someone.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%