Dr Seuss Advice Please!

Decorating By jenscreativity Updated 21 Jan 2011 , 6:42pm by jenscreativity

jenscreativity Posted 21 Jan 2011 , 3:53pm
post #1 of 8

I am doing a DR. seuss cake and wanted to make Dr.Seuss out of royal icing, (like small sugar decos you can buy) but I don't see myself being that detailed with royal icing without coloring overlapping. Does anyone have a better idea on how to achieve this OR know a website that SELLS Dr. Seuss sugar decos to buy? I'd rather buy, but after googling,,can't find anything on that. Can anyone lead me into this direction please?

Thanks!

Jenifer

7 replies
jenscreativity Posted 21 Jan 2011 , 4:23pm
post #2 of 8

Can anyone help me at all..PLEASE?? Thanks so much!!

Jenifer

Jody130 Posted 21 Jan 2011 , 6:18pm
post #3 of 8

Hi Jenifer,
If you will go to sugarsweetcakesandtreats..., she has a great how to make character cutouts in fondant, I have used this process and it is great. It is the one with Kai Lon on her site.
Hope this helps!! icon_smile.gif

imagenthatnj Posted 21 Jan 2011 , 6:35pm
post #4 of 8

I was just going to recommend the same blog.

Here's the link. Jody130, I don't know what happened to yours, hopefully this one shows up.

http://sugarsweetcakesandtreats.blogspot.com/

These are all the cutouts she's got, scroll down:

http://sugarsweetcakesandtreats.blogspot.com/search/label/Cutout

jenscreativity Posted 21 Jan 2011 , 6:35pm
post #5 of 8

Jody130,, I can't find the Dr. Seuss! Can you send me the direct link to click on..I'm googling away,,but no luck..I want to see so badly..thanks!

Jenifer

imagenthatnj Posted 21 Jan 2011 , 6:37pm
post #6 of 8

jenscreativity, there's no Dr. Seuss among those...but the technique will be the same.

heyjules Posted 21 Jan 2011 , 6:38pm
post #7 of 8

Try looking for the specific character, and not Dr. Seuss hisself. (like The Cat in the Hat, or Sneeteches...not just the name Dr. Seusss. Maybe that will help.

jenscreativity Posted 21 Jan 2011 , 6:42pm
post #8 of 8

Oh OK! I'll try that too! ERRRR..driving me crazy..lol

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%