Marshmallow Creme For Mmf?

Baking By hoosierhobbyist Updated 28 Jan 2011 , 4:50am by fromkimskitchen

hoosierhobbyist Posted 21 Jan 2011 , 1:34pm
post #1 of 8

I have made MMF several times from great recipes here on CC. All call for microwaving the marshmallows. Has anyone ever tried using marshmallow creme that comes in the jar, like Jet-Puffed, for making MMF? Just curious...

7 replies
dulce925 Posted 21 Jan 2011 , 1:45pm
post #2 of 8

I use it all the time. I just take it straight out of the jar and add the powder sugar. Works out pretty well.

bisbqueenb Posted 21 Jan 2011 , 2:28pm
post #3 of 8

And the white color is better than the marshmallow version which has a slight off white color.

graciesj Posted 26 Jan 2011 , 12:14am
post #4 of 8

hi there. I use the mmfluff all the time. it's awesome. the only thing I found is that you need to make a lot and early. like say 2 weeks before needing it. It needs to set and you have to put ps in it often as well. I always like to have more on hand then I need, just in case.icon_smile.gif

fromkimskitchen Posted 26 Jan 2011 , 5:32am
post #5 of 8

when you make the mmf with creme do you still fold it in by hand or in a mixer? and if the mixer do you use the paddle or the dough hook? made mmf once several years ago and can't really remember what i did

graciesj Posted 26 Jan 2011 , 3:31pm
post #6 of 8

[quote="fromkimskitchen"]when you make the mmf with creme do you still fold it in by hand or in a mixer? and if the mixer do you use the paddle or the dough hook? made mmf once several years ago and can't really remember what i did[/quote]

oh no USE the machine at first, with the paddle hook. There's no need to heat it up. Remember if colouring it, do it while in the machine. Remember to add some corn syrup to make it pliable. I'd say about 1-2tblps to 2 jars of fluff. And add some salt or lemon juice to cut the sweetness as well. Now, take it out and need the rest of ps to it. Wrap it tightly and store in a cool place. Remember also, that it needs to rest for about 1 week. go back to it and see how it feels. if it needs more ps add it. hope this helps icon_smile.gifgracie

starr7 Posted 28 Jan 2011 , 3:05am
post #7 of 8

this is the recipe i use all the time and its definately no fail

1 cup (1/2 lb) unsalted butter, softened

1 jar marshmallow fluff

1 cup icing sugar

½ tsp vanilla

*You might want to add a little salt to taste

Beat butter on high speed until creamy. Beat in marshmallow cream. Reduce speed to low and beat in icing sugar and vanilla. Increase speed to high, beat until fluffy.

Colour with paste if desired.

fromkimskitchen Posted 28 Jan 2011 , 4:50am
post #8 of 8

starr7...is your recipe to replace butter creme icing or is it really mmf and maybe missing something??

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%