Edible Image On Fondant

Decorating By LillyCakes Updated 21 Jan 2011 , 5:12pm by LillyCakes

LillyCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LillyCakes Posted 21 Jan 2011 , 12:49pm
post #1 of 5

I am doing a pregnant belly cake this weekend and would like to include her tattoo on the cake. I am not a talented drawing person so I thought an edible image may work. Is this possible? Any thoughts and ideas would help.
Thanks!!

4 replies
neelycharmed Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
neelycharmed Posted 21 Jan 2011 , 1:03pm
post #2 of 5

Not a problem icon_smile.gif
Just use something to "stick" the tattoo on the fondant...
some people use water( just not too much or it might tear), some use a few little dabs of buttercream icing.. and others use piping gel.
Hope this helps,
Jodi

Kibosh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kibosh Posted 21 Jan 2011 , 1:11pm
post #3 of 5

I just dabbed a little bit of water on the spot that I would be placing the sheet on.

I actually never knew you could use buttercream or piping gel. I thought it may make it slightly lumpy. Great to knowicon_smile.gif

HaydenSC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HaydenSC Posted 21 Jan 2011 , 1:12pm
post #4 of 5

I use water to stick edible images to fondant. Just make sure you use an xacto knife to cut closely around the image if the background fondant isn't white. It can look weird when you see too much of the edible image border around it. Edible images really don't blend into fondant like it does on buttercream.

LillyCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LillyCakes Posted 21 Jan 2011 , 5:12pm
post #5 of 5

Thanks all for the info. I was really worried about not being able to get her tattoo on her tummy. I have ordered the image and will post pics soon!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%