French Vanilla Cake

Baking By LoveMeSomeCake615 Updated 21 Jan 2011 , 10:33pm by LoveMeSomeCake615

LoveMeSomeCake615 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LoveMeSomeCake615 Posted 21 Jan 2011 , 4:01am
post #1 of 8

Do you use a scratch recipe for French Vanilla, or the French Vanilla cake mix? I searched the recipes on this forum and couldn't find anything.

7 replies
tryingcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tryingcake Posted 21 Jan 2011 , 4:21am
post #2 of 8

I've never made it from scratch. I start with a vanilla or french vanilla cake mix (I'm not picky about that). I doctor it by adding 1 individual serving cup of French Vanilla creamer (I think it's about 2 T) or 1 tablespoon of French Vanilla coffee creamer (I'm not particular about this either- whichever I have available).

Actually I take my measuring cup - put the flavoring in, add about 1/3 cup (just eyeball - no measuring) sour cream to the measuring cup and add water to fill to the proper measurement on the box. I use unsweetened applesauce in place of the oil. Eggs as directed.

For the BC I make my standard recipe and add another creamer.

It's the cake I use at bridal shows... gets me lots of booked tastings which gets me lots of business.

LoveMeSomeCake615 Posted 21 Jan 2011 , 4:28am
post #3 of 8

Sounds great, thank you! icon_smile.gif

NanaSandy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NanaSandy Posted 21 Jan 2011 , 5:01am
post #4 of 8

When you say you add the creamer...is it the liquid you are using?

Karen421 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Karen421 Posted 21 Jan 2011 , 2:01pm
post #5 of 8

That's what I do also, with the addition of a french vanilla instant pudding, no oil or applesauce. I do start with a white cake as a base. It's yummy!!! thumbs_up.gif

tryingcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tryingcake Posted 21 Jan 2011 , 2:53pm
post #6 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyBrandon

When you say you add the creamer...is it the liquid you are using?

Yes, I use the liquid version. However I know you can't get in Canada and they use the powdered version adding hot water first to dissolve it. I am all about saving money and that is actually cheaper - but in this case I prefer spending the extra cash on the liquid stuff... and even more cash on the individual servings (I buy them at Sam's). Already measured and does not go bad nearly as quickly.

Oh! and I buy the pumpkin flavor in the fall and add it to my brownie mix. I can't make enough of those. They sell like hotcakes!

I just love those liquid flavored creamers.

NanaSandy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NanaSandy Posted 21 Jan 2011 , 4:18pm
post #7 of 8

AWESOME......thank you!!

LoveMeSomeCake615 Posted 21 Jan 2011 , 10:33pm
post #8 of 8

Oh YUM! I need to try that with some brownies! I LOVE Pumpkin flavored anything!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%