Shark Cake

Decorating By ambermarie Updated 21 Jan 2011 , 9:26am by brincess_b

ambermarie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ambermarie Posted 21 Jan 2011 , 3:11am
post #1 of 3

Has anyone made the Shark Bite cake (wilton)?

A coworker wants me to make a shark cake for her son. It has to feed 20 people and fit in a 12" cake carrier so I can get it to her at work and she can then get it home (all on the NYC train). The cakes I wanted to make wouldn't be cute, and feed 20, AND fit in the cake carrier. I'm thinking this "might" fit and it says it feeds 24.

My questions for anyone who's made it are:

1. did it really feed 24 people

2. about how long was it?

Any input would be great.

Thanks!

2 replies
Coral3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Coral3 Posted 21 Jan 2011 , 8:45am
post #2 of 3

Hmmm, sorry...not familiar with the particular cake you're referring to.

brincess_b Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brincess_b Posted 21 Jan 2011 , 9:26am
post #3 of 3

by cake carrier, what do you mean? cause if its something air tight, be careful - it could make the fondant/ gumpaste accents wilt. besides, the pan used is apparently 12 inches long, so with the icing and fins, it will not fit in that box. so if you *must* use that box, then you will need to carve a cake your self. (besides, even if the cake fits in, its usually nice to have it on a board a bit bigger)
wiltons serving guides are pretty accurate - id guess they mean party size servings for a cake like this so its pretty generous, could probably get more. educate client in she might want something to serve precisely 20, but she still has to pay more to get the cake to look like that.
http://www.wilton.com/idea/Shark-Bite-Cake
xx

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%