Who Has Good Classes For Cake Decorating?

Decorating By KayMc Updated 21 Jan 2011 , 1:30pm by thallo

KayMc Posted 21 Jan 2011 , 3:08am
post #1 of 5

I am interested in taking some cake decorating classes, but don't know names of good instructors to search on. Can anyone please give me some advice here, on which instructors have good classes? I can only do the East Coast. Thank you!

4 replies
imagenthatnj Posted 21 Jan 2011 , 3:34am
post #2 of 5

Toba Garrett, New York City, Institute of Culinary Education.

But, her classes fill out quickly. You might have to register well in advance.

This is the schedule:

http://rec.iceculinary.com/Home/BakingClasses

Also, if you go to this link, you can see her touring schedule around the country:

http://www.tobagarrett.com/class.html

bobwonderbuns Posted 21 Jan 2011 , 3:51am
post #3 of 5

Jennifer Dontz, Sharon Zambito both have excellent classes. What do you want to learn?

peg818 Posted 21 Jan 2011 , 1:09pm
post #4 of 5

check out your local ices chapter, they often have well named teachers at far less then a regular class would cost you at their weekend of sharing (wos) or days of sharing (dos)

thallo Posted 21 Jan 2011 , 1:30pm
post #5 of 5

Northern or Southern East Coast? If you're considering the South, Nicholas Lodge in the Atlanta area is fantastic. His classes fill up fast also and are normally geared toward Gum Paste. But if you have the basics already, then this might be the way to go.

Some of the classes at the Cake Shows and/or Competitions are also fantastic. I know that there will be some great 3 hour classes at the Panhandle Cake Show in the Pensacola, Fl area on February 19th. Those can be found at www.panhandlecakecrumbs.com. Further down in Florida in the middle part of the state will be another cake show featuring classes in March. I don't remember the name or the date, but it is mentioned in Forums under Events.

There is so much to learn and you can never know it all. I'm a firm believer that you should never stop trying to advance in whatever you choose to do.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%