Cookie Dough Truffles

Baking By sugarspice Updated 20 Jan 2011 , 10:10pm by cocobean

sugarspice Posted 20 Jan 2011 , 8:09pm
post #1 of 6

I have just made the cookie dough truffles for the first time. They taste very sweet and GRITTY when I eat them. Will the grittiness decrease as they set out and the sugar dissolves...or should I have beaten them longer?? I didn't want to over-mix the dough. Here is the recipe-
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/paulas-best-dishes/cookie-dough-truffles-recipe/index.html

I was hoping to generate orders for truffles...but I wouldn't eat these!!! Any experience out there??
Thanks icon_smile.gif

5 replies
TexasSugar Posted 20 Jan 2011 , 8:21pm
post #2 of 6

I made some a few years ago. The recipe was alot like a chocolate chip cookie, it just left out the eggs. I'd think the condensed milk would make them very sweetie.

karabeal Posted 20 Jan 2011 , 9:24pm
post #3 of 6

Cookie dough truffles are my family's favorite treat. They love these more than cake, cupcakes, cookies, anything. I've used several recipes with sweetened condensed milk (honestly, I haven't kept track of exactly which recipes I've used, I just google and go). The truffle "dough" itself never tastes exactly like cookie dough you'd use to bake the cookies with. I don't like to eat this truffle "dough" even though I love real choc. chip cookie dough. But once the truffles are covered in chocolate (I use milk chocolate), YUM!

Oh, and I don't add nuts to mine. I've never had a grittiness problem. Give me a little time and I'll try to dig out the original recipe I started with and see how it compares to the one you used. These babies are good and I hope you can have a good experience with them!

alvarezmom Posted 20 Jan 2011 , 9:59pm
post #4 of 6

Sounds yummy! Sorry you had a bad outcome. Have you thought about using the cookie dough for the Nestle CC cookies and just coating them in the chocolate? That dough never seems gritty to me when I taste it (raw).

karabeal Posted 20 Jan 2011 , 10:04pm
post #5 of 6

Sugarspice, I just found a recipe in my extremely disorganized recipe files . . . it is that same one from Food Network! BUT, I made a handwritten comment on mine to only use 1/2 the can of sweetened condensed milk (7 oz). Maybe give that a try because it works for me.

cocobean Posted 20 Jan 2011 , 10:10pm
post #6 of 6

I would think you wouldn't have to leave the eggs out of any cookie dough recipe as long as you use the pasturized eggs you buy in a carton at the grocery store.
Pre-made cookie dough that you buy like "Pillsbury" or from "Papa Johns", has to use pasturized eggs because consumers or their children might eat the raw dough! Using pasturized egg product makes it safe to consume raw dough. So why leave the egg out?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%