Valentine Day Cupcakes

Baking By baking4life Updated 20 Jan 2011 , 8:11pm by baking4life

baking4life Posted 20 Jan 2011 , 7:37pm
post #1 of 7

Hey everyone! I am lookinmg for a delicious cupcake recipe for valentine's day. I really want something different instead of just chocolate. I want to take chocolate to another level. Would love to hear from you.

6 replies
cakeandpartygirl Posted 20 Jan 2011 , 7:51pm
post #2 of 7

Try a champagne flavored one with a raspberry filling

cupcakesnbuttercream Posted 20 Jan 2011 , 7:53pm
post #3 of 7

Maybe you could try a chocolate cherry recipe?

or Dark chocolate with cherry buttercream?

baking4life Posted 20 Jan 2011 , 7:56pm
post #4 of 7

where can I get these recipes? They sound great! I am new to baking so I don't have many recipes

cakeandpartygirl Posted 20 Jan 2011 , 8:02pm
post #5 of 7

The recipe tab on here has some great caking recipes. You could also try foodtv, allrecipes, joy of baking, epicurious, cooks recipes, etc. the list is almost endless. Google search is your friend! icon_smile.gif

cupcakesnbuttercream Posted 20 Jan 2011 , 8:09pm
post #6 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by laprofe

where can I get these recipes? They sound great! I am new to baking so I don't have many recipes

This recipe is pretty basic and uses a box mix and cherry pie filling(from allrecipes . com:

* 1 (18.25 ounce) package chocolate cake mix
* 1 1/3 cups water
* 1/2 cup vegetable oil
* 3 eggs
* 1 (21 ounce) can cherry pie filling
* 1 (16 ounce) can vanilla frosting
In a mixing bowl, combine cake mix, water, oil and eggs; mix well. Spoon batter by 1/4 cupfuls into paper-lined muffin cups. Spoon a rounded teaspoon of pie filling onto the center of each cupcake. Set remaining pie filling aside. Bake at 350 degrees F for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted on an angle toward the center comes out clean. Remove to a wire rack to cool completely. Frost cupcakes; top with one cherry from pie filling. Serve additional pie filling with cupcakes or refrigerate or another use

For cherry buttercream, you can just add Lorann cherry flavor to a basic buttercream recipe.
If you can't get the flavoring, maybe try pureed cherries(drained)

baking4life Posted 20 Jan 2011 , 8:11pm
post #7 of 7

thank you so much for your help! I can't wait to try it!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%