Can You Convert A 3-Phase Oven To Single Phase?

Business By cookielicious Updated 24 Jan 2011 , 3:04am by sweetcakes

cookielicious Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cookielicious Posted 20 Jan 2011 , 6:07pm
post #1 of 4

I bought a commercial oven for fairly cheap. I assumed I would be using it in a commercial setting where 3 phase power was available already. Unfortunately the building I am looking to rent doesn't have it! It's a 120/208V/3 phase DeLuxe brand oven. I know very little about electrical matters, but I'm hoping there is a way to be able to use it! Has anyone had experience with this sort of thing?

Thanks!

3 replies
Annabakescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Annabakescakes Posted 20 Jan 2011 , 6:55pm
post #2 of 4

We converted our Toastmaster and our Duke from 3 phase to single phase. It was a matter of finding the schematics on line, and switching a couple wires around. That being said, not all ovens can be converted, and I wouldn't recommend doing it yourself unless you are already familiar with things like that. I was familiar because I used to help my step dad read schematics for tanks because he was color blind, and I took a couple trade school courses when i was in high school. I wasn't a big deal, but i am sure it could be messed up pretty bad if someone who has no clue does it. Good common sense helps. We had an electrician friend of ours check it out to make sure it looked good before we turned it on, and fried it, or burned the house down. BTW, the electrician was going to charge $100.

cookielicious Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cookielicious Posted 20 Jan 2011 , 11:14pm
post #3 of 4

Thanks for the information! I sent an e-mail to the manufacturer and also contacted an electrician friend of ours. Hopefully we can get it worked out or I may have an oven for sale =(

sweetcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetcakes Posted 24 Jan 2011 , 3:04am
post #4 of 4

the Deluxe ovens can be converted, your electrician can do it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%