8Th Grade Grad Cake For Whole Class....need Your Help!

Decorating By fourgirlzmom Updated 20 Jan 2011 , 8:29pm by cownsj

fourgirlzmom Posted 20 Jan 2011 , 3:21pm
post #1 of 6

I just got volunteered (lol) to make my daughter's class' 8th grade graduation cake.... I do not want generic..sheet cakes...or wedding tiered design. (Last year the class had two ugly sheet cakes)... I want amazing... challenging, and unique. This cake/cakes are for a party after the ceremony...but don't necessarily have to be traditional school colors,etc. I was kind of thinking a big locker with the door open...Class of 2015 written on the door...sports and school things inside...maybe some Converse?? BUt I am not set on this idea...or know if this is the route I want to go.... Please...any ideas would be great. I am up for the challenge....just need some ideas...

5 replies
Sorelle Posted 20 Jan 2011 , 3:28pm
post #2 of 6

I think the idea is great! The kids will love it and you'll probably get some orders because of it.

cindyloowho Posted 20 Jan 2011 , 3:36pm
post #3 of 6

I have a middle schooler who would love a cake like that!!! A locker is something every mid schooler can relate to because they all had to master how to use one when they started mid school icon_smile.gif

Tclanton Posted 20 Jan 2011 , 3:37pm
post #4 of 6

I think your idea is spot on. Your idea can cover lots of things to include males, females, sports, subjects etc.

Have fun with that!! Sounds like an awesome plan!

MissBlu Posted 20 Jan 2011 , 8:16pm
post #5 of 6

Hanging on the inside of the locker you could include a mirror, a pennant (not sure of spelling) and may be some sport equipment (what ever the varsity team is good at).

Did they have school clubs such as SADD? Put a bumper sticker on the outside of the locker.

Definetly one of those locks hanging from it too.

Looking forward to pictures of it.

cownsj Posted 20 Jan 2011 , 8:29pm
post #6 of 6

I too like the idea of the school locker. Just making it personal to them will just put them over the top on how much they love it. Make sure YOU get lots of pictures beforehand, because as you know, with kids, the cake could get cut quickly and afterwards they'll all be wanting a photo of "their" cake. And try to get photos on site so they see the photo the way they saw the cake.

Quote by @%username% on %date%