Cake Boss Episode

Decorating By Charmed Updated 20 Jan 2011 , 8:58pm by Charmed

Charmed Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Charmed Posted 20 Jan 2011 , 3:09pm
post #1 of 6

I was watching the episode which they were making a life size race car and I saw buddy baking cakes in a sheet pan which were divided into two parts but it didn't look like cake batter separators (like stainless steel frames) I am not sure but it looked like they were baking the cakes in the top part (covers) of cardboard banker's boxes you know the ones for storing files! was I seeing things or what....could cakes be baked in cardboard???!! icon_biggrin.gif

5 replies
bakencake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakencake Posted 20 Jan 2011 , 3:18pm
post #2 of 6

I know that some loafs are made in a cardboard or cardboard like loaf. mainly to bake in a container to give but i have never seen a cake

Corrie76 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Corrie76 Posted 20 Jan 2011 , 3:20pm
post #3 of 6

When I worked for Albertsons, all the sheet cakes were baked in cardboard "pans"...lol...mind you- at a bakery plant somewhere far away and then shipped to us. Also, other items were baked in cardboard pans and we also used cardboard collars on the large individual cinnamon rolls. So it wouldn't be hard to imagine that they have been baking some cakes on that show in disposable pans.

Reyna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CWR41 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CWR41 Posted 20 Jan 2011 , 4:53pm
post #5 of 6

A commercial full sheet is 16" x 24". They are baked in 16" x 24" bakeable cardboard trays that fit into the Bun pans (flat surface portion) which are used during baking for support and handling purposes.

When baking cake, bakeable cardboard trays are used 25 1/4 x 17 5/8
http://www.newmethodpackaging......did=606125

Charmed Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Charmed Posted 20 Jan 2011 , 8:58pm
post #6 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by CWR41

A commercial full sheet is 16" x 24". They are baked in 16" x 24" bakeable cardboard trays that fit into the Bun pans (flat surface portion) which are used during baking for support and handling purposes.

When baking cake, bakeable cardboard trays are used 25 1/4 x 17 5/8
http://www.newmethodpackaging......did=606125

I think those are the ones I saw!! thanks!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%