It's About Time!

Decorating By Minstrelmiss Updated 20 Jan 2011 , 3:22pm by Minstrelmiss

Minstrelmiss Posted 20 Jan 2011 , 2:55pm
post #1 of 7

Thank you all for sharing your successes and failures. The bane of my caking has been bulging sides, I know many of you have felt the same frustration.

Today is a different day! It is with pride that I display my latest cake (simple as it is)...NO BULGING! I am so happy with this cake, a knock-off of one by Suzisweet (so cute).

Please feel free to leave any deserved criticism, I do truly welcome it. I know that the cake wasn't perfect but man, it's been a long time coming that I'm happy when I'm done icon_biggrin.gif

Thank you so much for looking!!

6 replies
ibmoser Posted 20 Jan 2011 , 3:02pm
post #2 of 7

Congratulations! Perfect sides - great job thumbs_up.gif

Corrie76 Posted 20 Jan 2011 , 3:09pm
post #3 of 7

those are some razor-sharp sides for such a tall cake- congrats! it's the best feeling to conquer a "cake obstacle" thumbs_up.gif

bakencake Posted 20 Jan 2011 , 3:14pm
post #4 of 7

very good, non bulge, cake! can you give us some tips?

Minstrelmiss Posted 20 Jan 2011 , 3:17pm
post #5 of 7

Happily icon_biggrin.gif

I added a little melted-melting wafers to my buttercream for the crumb coat then Viva method from there. THe cake is a 5" round, about 6" tall, Lemon Creamsicle cake with white chocolate buttercream, fondant accents. So much fun to cake when things come out as you imagine!!!!! thumbs_up.gif

bakencake Posted 20 Jan 2011 , 3:21pm
post #6 of 7

6" tall!? It looks tall on the pic but i didnt know it was that tall. I was impressed before but this is quite an impressive task!!! congrats!!!

Minstrelmiss Posted 20 Jan 2011 , 3:22pm
post #7 of 7

Thanks, I feel like a whole new caker!

Quote by @%username% on %date%