Looking For Tappits Alphabet Set Alternative

Decorating By cakewhiz Updated 25 Jan 2011 , 1:16pm by scp1127

cakewhiz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakewhiz Posted 20 Jan 2011 , 3:24am
post #1 of 10

I have and used my Tappits Alphabet Set....I get the job done, but it is time consuming and frustrating at times. I have read all the pointers about using Tappits and have tried them all.

A while back, I saw somewhere a device that cuts the alphabet letters and then somehow the letters are punched out. It looked so much easier than what I am doing with Tappits. Unfortnately, I can no longer find this device.

Have any of you seen anything like this?

9 replies
HobbyCaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HobbyCaker Posted 20 Jan 2011 , 3:42am
post #2 of 10

The product you are talking about is the Windsor Clikstix I tried to post a link to them on GSA's site, but it wouldn't post.

You can go to www.globalsugarart.com and type in Windsor Clikstix and they will come up. HTH

Ellie1985 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ellie1985 Posted 20 Jan 2011 , 3:42am
post #3 of 10

Clikstix. You can get thems at Global sugar art. Comes in several fonts. MUCH easier to use then Tappits.

scp1127 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scp1127 Posted 20 Jan 2011 , 6:29am
post #4 of 10

Have you seen Edna's youtube tutorial? It is the exact opposite of the package directions and it works EVERY time.

maude Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maude Posted 20 Jan 2011 , 2:36pm
post #5 of 10

I think the tappits should be renamed "bangits" lol. I broke one of the letters the other day when I was "tapping" it on the counter, sometimes the letters just do not want to come out. It gets frustrating. Think I will have to try these other cutters.

scp1127 Posted 20 Jan 2011 , 2:51pm
post #6 of 10

Even though I posted how Edna's way works, you all have convinced me to try the Clikstix. I can't delegate the tappits to anyone else and that will eventually become a problem. So I ordered the script ones last night. Knowing Global, they will probably be here tomorrow! Aren't they great?

Mommyofseven Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mommyofseven Posted 20 Jan 2011 , 3:58pm
post #7 of 10

I just sold my tappits on ebay this week because for me the Clikstix is so much easier and take much less time.

tryingcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tryingcake Posted 21 Jan 2011 , 4:49am
post #8 of 10

I also use my Cricut to cut lettering.

cakewhiz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakewhiz Posted 21 Jan 2011 , 5:23am
post #9 of 10

Thank you all so much for finding this for me. Knowing you have tried it and it works so much better than tappits....sold me on it!

scp1127 Posted 25 Jan 2011 , 1:16pm
post #10 of 10

Just got my Windsor Clickstix. Any suggestions on use, or will they work with the tappits method. I use Edna's suggestions... shortening, celpad, no powders. Any suggestions?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%