Buying First Commercial Oven - Advice Needed

Business By Evoir Updated 21 Jan 2011 , 1:43pm by scp1127

Evoir Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Evoir Posted 20 Jan 2011 , 2:35am
post #1 of 5

Hi all. I hasve been operating my cake business legally from home for over two years now, and I am at the stage where I would like to buy an oven specifically for my business baking needs, instead of using my kitchen's oven (due to size restrictions).

I do cakes and cupcakes of all descriptions, cookies, slices, macarons, pavlovas, breads, and pastries of all descriptions (including choux pastry buns).

I ideally would like something that is wide and deep enough to take a larger cake pan size. But I am having some difficulty understanding how versatile the bakers convection ovens are. Is that the only sort there is, and are you able to bake things without a fan? Do they have elements other than the fan element? Are there some baked items for which they just don't cut the mustard?

Can anyone advise me on the essential elements to look for in a good oven for a cake decorating business?

4 replies
Mencked Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mencked Posted 20 Jan 2011 , 12:07pm
post #2 of 5

I love my Deluxe oven. It is a convection oven, the fan is very gentle--never have to turn the pans, never have that wind-blown top on muffins, cupcakes or cakes. Makes the most moist cake. I bake cookies, cakes, cheesecakes. Not much of an authority on meringue type desserts so not sure how my oven would do on pavlovas, macaroons, etc......

scp1127 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scp1127 Posted 20 Jan 2011 , 2:29pm
post #3 of 5

Mencked, would you mind sharing the model number of your oven? I am getting ready to buy another oven and I would like to compare the one you have had so much success with. I looked them up but there are three different categories and I would like to make sure I am comparing the one you have.

Mencked Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mencked Posted 20 Jan 2011 , 9:25pm
post #4 of 5

My oven is the CR3. I love it!

scp1127 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scp1127 Posted 21 Jan 2011 , 1:43pm
post #5 of 5

Thanks, Mecked!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%