Baby Butt Cake

Decorating By bakingmomma10 Updated 20 Jan 2011 , 7:46am by bakingmomma10

bakingmomma10 Posted 20 Jan 2011 , 12:40am
post #1 of 4

hello bakers,
i'm curious, has anyone ever done a baby butt cake? i will try to attatch a photo of one. I might be doing one, but how do i do the top part? the baby butt and legs? i'm thinking the butt is cake covered in fondant, but are the legs and feet just fondant or gumpaste? please help!! thank you!![/img]

3 replies
bakingmomma10 Posted 20 Jan 2011 , 12:43am
post #2 of 4

i guess my attatchment didn't show..i don't know why i'm having trouble attatching photos to my forums!! can anyone tell me how? i did the attatch photo box! =/

TiffySue Posted 20 Jan 2011 , 5:16am
post #3 of 4

Hello! icon_biggrin.gif

I'm terrible at explaining things but here goes! The only part of mine that wasn't cake were the feet. I made them out of rice crispies then covered in fondant - thick to hide the lumps, then added the little feet lines.

I baked the cake in a glass pyrex bowl, a little over half full. I turn this over, and it leaves somewhat of a flat top. So, I bake another bowl (same size) and use some of that to round off the top of the diaper. I cut the outer edges of the second bowl and use those as the legs. I cover the legs in the skin colored fondant first, then the white for the diaper, then lay the blanked over to hide the seams.

I really hope that makes sense, it does in my head. Take a look at my photos I'll add it to my regular pics since I can't get them to attach either.

Hope this helps! icon_redface.gif

bakingmomma10 Posted 20 Jan 2011 , 7:46am
post #4 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagunts

Hello! icon_biggrin.gif

I'm terrible at explaining things but here goes! The only part of mine that wasn't cake were the feet. I made them out of rice crispies then covered in fondant - thick to hide the lumps, then added the little feet lines.

I baked the cake in a glass pyrex bowl, a little over half full. I turn this over, and it leaves somewhat of a flat top. So, I bake another bowl (same size) and use some of that to round off the top of the diaper. I cut the outer edges of the second bowl and use those as the legs. I cover the legs in the skin colored fondant first, then the white for the diaper, then lay the blanked over to hide the seams.

I really hope that makes sense, it does in my head. Take a look at my photos I'll add it to my regular pics since I can't get them to attach either.

Hope this helps! icon_redface.gif

AAAAHHH...you are a blessing!! thank you so much for your helpful tips!! makes perfect sense to me!!! thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%