Help??? 3 Tier Rkt Wedding Cake.....

Decorating By kcepenney Updated 20 Jan 2011 , 3:24pm by imagenthatnj

kcepenney Posted 19 Jan 2011 , 9:24pm
post #1 of 9

RICE KRISPIES?????

I have a bride asking for a cake made of rice krispies. I have never made a whole cake out of that.

Any ideas? Suggestions??? Is that even possible??? Would you do square cakes???

HELP PLEASE!!!!

8 replies
cheatize Posted 19 Jan 2011 , 9:28pm
post #2 of 9

I would do any shape the bride wanted. Mold it into the appropriate size pan, let set, take it out, smooth it using a hand held grater (the small one, I can never think of the name of it), and then ice it.

kcepenney Posted 19 Jan 2011 , 9:31pm
post #3 of 9

HAHA....that sounds to easy!!! LOL. Thanks for the tips!

heyjules Posted 19 Jan 2011 , 9:46pm
post #4 of 9

I wonder how long they could sit before getting really hard, and not so edible anymore.

FlourPots Posted 19 Jan 2011 , 10:14pm
post #5 of 9

Someone at CC (mommy_of_3_DDs) has done this before....check out her pics and great tips on this thread:

http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=600889&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=rice+krispies&&start=15

SweetTs Posted 20 Jan 2011 , 2:47pm
post #6 of 9

I am going to attempt to make a tractor out of RKT for a cake that I am making next weekend. How early do you think I could make the tractor and cover it with fondant?

Bskinne Posted 20 Jan 2011 , 2:58pm
post #7 of 9

They get hard, fast...I think they are better for designing, rather than eating. And, what is up with that crazy bride? Does she want to serve slices of old RKT?
I just had my first experience with RKT this past weekend. It's super easy to work with. Wet your hands a little to pat it in the right pans. I coated mine with melted candy melt to make it smooth.

Sorelle Posted 20 Jan 2011 , 3:24pm
post #8 of 9

I've done this and yes they do get hard fast! Get all fondant, buttercream, chocolate, any flowers or decoration made first, EVERYTHING ready before making rkt and it should be okay. Make it late the day before, the morning of, even better. hth

imagenthatnj Posted 20 Jan 2011 , 3:24pm
post #9 of 9

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%