Traveling 9 Hours With A Cake...

Decorating By sccandwbfan Updated 19 Jan 2011 , 8:36pm by sccandwbfan

sccandwbfan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sccandwbfan Posted 19 Jan 2011 , 8:35pm
post #1 of 2

Have any of you ever traveled very far with a cake? My niece lives in VA and I am taking a cake to her for her birthday again this year. Last year, I left everything undone and finished it at the house but that took away from my time with my family that I haven't been able to see in a while.

I'm attaching a crude draw up that I did for my sister to see what I was planning. All of the colors and shapes are my nieces ideas. The second tier will be quilted, I know it doesn't look that way on the drawing. Each layer will only be one layer, torted once and filled. I'm guessing that completed it will be about 6-8" high depending on the filling. I'm going to try to get a board cut to fit the paisley pan and install 2 dowels, the slightly bigger ones and finish the cake before I leave. There will be figurines for the top that won't be installed until I get there.

I don't have a car that has a flat spot, so what I do is put a piece of board in the back seat and put rolled up blankets under the back to level the board. I use that cabinet liner stuff under the box to try to keep it from moving.

Do you think that cake will make a 9 hour trip with no problems?

TIA,

Christy

1 reply
sccandwbfan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sccandwbfan Posted 19 Jan 2011 , 8:36pm
post #2 of 2

My attachment didn't make it...

It's just all three of the Paisley/comma pans...

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%