Gumpaste Juliet Roses

Decorating By meharding Updated 19 Jan 2011 , 11:21pm by weirkd

meharding Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
meharding Posted 19 Jan 2011 , 6:14pm
post #1 of 4

Hi everyone! I need to make some Juliet Garden Roses out of gumpaste for a wedding cake. It is also called a peony rose. I have attached a url to a picture of the rose as it would not attach.

Can anyone tell me what cutters you would use and how you would go about this. It is really sunken in the middle. Also it looks like it is really "squished" in the center like a carnation.

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

http://www.backyardgardener.com/rose/roses/SweetJuliet.html

3 replies
MBoyd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MBoyd Posted 19 Jan 2011 , 10:55pm
post #2 of 4

I'd make this as a composite. Instead of using one "center" I'd use 4 or 5 and cluster them together.

I also recommend the book "Sugar Roses for Cakes by Peck, Dunn and Warren"

meharding Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
meharding Posted 19 Jan 2011 , 11:06pm
post #3 of 4

Thank you. I'm going to order that book icon_biggrin.gif

weirkd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
weirkd Posted 19 Jan 2011 , 11:21pm
post #4 of 4

I would use a regular rose cutters that have the single petals (not the one that cuts five petals at once) Use a cup with a piece of tinfoil over the top of it so that is sinks in. The make your rose backwards. Like when you make a rose you usually start out with a center and build off of it. What you would do instead would be taking the largest petals first, working your way to the center. The you would actually fold your petals to copy the center of this one. You might want to do that part outside the cup and then glue it in the center afterwards with some chocolate.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%