Where Do You Purchase Your Supplies?

Decorating By cakelover613 Updated 19 Jan 2011 , 7:45pm by CWR41

cakelover613 Posted 19 Jan 2011 , 6:03pm
post #1 of 6

For those who decorate as a hobby or just for friends and family, where do you purchase your supplies? I am guessing those who own businesses order online? (Maybe I'm wrong.) What online company do you go through? Who has the best prices?

MN bakers, where do you go? I am looking for a closer to home supply store. I currently use Lynn's Cake and Candy Supply, but it's a bit of a drive for me (over 30 minutes on LOW traffic days.). I've searched and haven't been able to find one, but I also didn't know about Lynn's until driving by it, so wondering if there's any others! If not I will probably just have to switch to my local Michaels!

5 replies
sccandwbfan Posted 19 Jan 2011 , 6:14pm
post #2 of 6

Most of the common stuff I pick up at either Joannes, Michaels, or Hobby Lobby with a coupon. For speciality and hard to find stuff, I get them at Sweetwise in Nashville. It's about a 20 min. drive from my house.

Christy

Rosie2 Posted 19 Jan 2011 , 6:31pm
post #3 of 6

Aside from Michaels and Joannes there's only 2 especialty shops in my area so, most of my stuff I order on-line, meanly Global Sugar Art. And to save a bit on shipping charges I wait until I have a big order before I call them.

BTW, I'm a hobby baker so 'big order' for me is about $100 icon_smile.gif

lchristi27 Posted 19 Jan 2011 , 6:32pm
post #4 of 6

Hi There!
I too am in Minneapolis area and only have been to Lynn's twice. The drive is terrible for me as well (in the south metro). We used to have a great place called Sweet Creations that was the best to buy from, so much fun to in there and just hang out and see everything.

I'm amazed on the lack of supplies in this large of a city. I have to get my Lorraine Oil ingredients when I go to visit my parents in Fargo. Mostly I order from Amazon or Kerkens, but I hate paying the shipping. WOuld love to find a website that has parchment sheets, cake circles, Creme Boquet (MAGIC LINE BRAND), Americolor, and large pastry bags. If you find one let me know.

Or maybe, we should go in business and start a cake and candy shop icon_smile.gif.

SweetSouthernBakery Posted 19 Jan 2011 , 7:25pm
post #5 of 6

I am about an hour from the Nashville area and drive to Sweet Wise all the time to get what I need. But you might try looking at wesellcoffee.com I just ordered some boxes from there and they seem to have quite a bit of stuff such as the parchment paper, cake circles and things of that nature.

CWR41 Posted 19 Jan 2011 , 7:45pm
post #6 of 6

Here's a list of suppliers in this thread:

Cake Supplies
http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-680250-suppliers.html

I'd recommend the WEBstaurant Store for the parchment pan liners.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%