Home Made Cupcake Wrappers

Lounge By bettycece Updated 25 Jan 2011 , 12:14am by funcakes

bettycece Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bettycece Posted 19 Jan 2011 , 5:48pm
post #1 of 11

can anyone tell me how to do home made cupcake wrappers? I bought some scrap book papers and cut them out, wrapped it on the cupcake but its to stiff!!

10 replies
leafO Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leafO Posted 19 Jan 2011 , 6:34pm
post #2 of 11

I use scrapbook paper for cutting mine, Here's a great template for cutting them out. I can usually get 2-3 out of a 12" scrapbook page. I've seen lace doily's used too, so pretty.

http://www.intimateweddings.com/free_downloads/free-wedding-printable-CupCake-Wrappers-Intimate-Weddings.pdf

Reganlynn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Reganlynn Posted 19 Jan 2011 , 6:51pm
post #3 of 11

I used a template that I found on-line. I think the website was skiptomylou...I just picked out paper that I wanted and followed the template. I used scrapbook paper and glued it together, it worked out great. The paper wasn't very think, like cardstock, it was just a thicker paper.

SCNYCharlie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SCNYCharlie Posted 19 Jan 2011 , 7:05pm
post #4 of 11

Do you hot glue the ends together before or after you put them on the cupcake ? such a cute idea thanks for sharing!

leafO Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leafO Posted 19 Jan 2011 , 7:28pm
post #5 of 11

I glue them together before and then just pop the cupcake in top. I use tape or glue spots. You can find them with the scrapbooking stuff, i think they are made by elmers.

They are little dots of glue that come on a roll of wax paper. You just pull them off and place where you want to glue, and the bond is super strong, almost permanent. I like them cause they are super easy and quick, and way less messy than glue or glue sticks icon_smile.gif

cownsj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cownsj Posted 19 Jan 2011 , 7:37pm
post #6 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by leafO

I use scrapbook paper for cutting mine, Here's a great template for cutting them out. I can usually get 2-3 out of a 12" scrapbook page. I've seen lace doily's used too, so pretty.

http://www.intimateweddings.com/free_downloads/free-wedding-printable-CupCake-Wrappers-Intimate-Weddings.pdf

Thank you for posting the template site, I've wondered where I could get the proper shape, without having to either buy some already done, or try to figure it out from a cupcake paper.

Alfiesmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Alfiesmom Posted 19 Jan 2011 , 7:49pm
post #7 of 11

yes, skiptomylou website for the pattern then I used paper doilies for a beautiful wrapper. 2 from each doilie. you can thread ribbon through the holes to add color also

bettycece Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bettycece Posted 20 Jan 2011 , 2:17am
post #8 of 11

thank you all for your help!!!!

mbark Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbark Posted 20 Jan 2011 , 2:38am
post #9 of 11

thanks for sharing the templates! I will definitely be making some of those, how fun!
here is the picture for the doilies I have saved in my favorites-
http://cakecentral.com/gallery/1232780

cownsj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cownsj Posted 20 Jan 2011 , 3:14am
post #10 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbark

thanks for sharing the templates! I will definitely be making some of those, how fun!
here is the picture for the doilies I have saved in my favorites-
http://cakecentral.com/gallery/1232780

Holy cow, they come out beautiful.

funcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
funcakes Posted 25 Jan 2011 , 12:14am
post #11 of 11

I hand cut mine from scrap book paper. Some one mentioned getting 2-3 wrappers out of a 12" square. If you cut several templates out of copy paper and play around with them on the 12"square, kind of placing the end of one next to the inside curve of another you can get at least 5 out of each square.

If I have time I will try to post how to lay them out. If you are using a crickcut (spelling-oops) then you probably can only get 2 out.

I found a paper store not far from my home that stocks beautiful wrapping paper sold by the sheet. Great for cupcake wrappers and saves money.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%