Need A Theme For A Cake!

Decorating By Luv4Luna Updated 26 Jan 2011 , 7:46pm by Christina1207

Luv4Luna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Luv4Luna Posted 19 Jan 2011 , 4:50pm
post #1 of 7

Hi fellow cakers!

I am getting ready to move from New JErsey to Colorado. I've always lived in Jersey so it's a big move for me. My best friend and some of my family are throwing me, my boyfriend, and my step son a going away party. I want to make a cake for everyone there as a goodbye/ we will miss you cake. I need an idea for a theme for decorating. I am going to do a 2 tiered cake, but I would like it to be fun. I just don't have any ideas for a theme...Does anyone have any suggestions?? THank you!!!

6 replies
grams Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grams Posted 19 Jan 2011 , 5:16pm
post #2 of 7

How about a road going from a NJ landmark to a Colorado landmark. Shore to mountains.

imagenthatnj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DeezTreatz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DeezTreatz Posted 21 Jan 2011 , 3:12am
post #4 of 7

There are those heart candies at valentines "Miss You" ..."Be Mine" Etc..
You could do a cake - covered in white fondant - with little colored hearts with sayings on them:

"Miss You"
"Come visit"
"Call me"
"Jersey"
"Colorado"

Good luck icon_smile.gif

MissBlu Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MissBlu Posted 21 Jan 2011 , 4:01pm
post #5 of 7

How about a car with Jersey tags and the windows saying colorado or bust?

A gps sheet cake with the route showing NJ to Colorado.

Open scrapbook - NJ page (Old family portrait, school pics, and the similiar) and a CO page (place holders for "Our Place," Family Visit," "Friends Forever")

HTH

CakelynsFinest Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakelynsFinest Posted 22 Jan 2011 , 11:38pm
post #6 of 7

How about making suitcase for each tier and maybe you can have a road (or map) on the cake base with Colorado and NJ on each side? You can make suitcase tags that say "Filled with wonderful memories."

Christina1207 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Christina1207 Posted 26 Jan 2011 , 7:46pm
post #7 of 7

What part of CO are you moving to? Since we have Denver, the mountains and then there is the small towns in the country?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%