Need A Theme For A Cake!

Decorating By Luv4Luna Updated 26 Jan 2011 , 7:46pm by Christina1207

Luv4Luna Posted 19 Jan 2011 , 4:50pm
post #1 of 7

Hi fellow cakers!

I am getting ready to move from New JErsey to Colorado. I've always lived in Jersey so it's a big move for me. My best friend and some of my family are throwing me, my boyfriend, and my step son a going away party. I want to make a cake for everyone there as a goodbye/ we will miss you cake. I need an idea for a theme for decorating. I am going to do a 2 tiered cake, but I would like it to be fun. I just don't have any ideas for a theme...Does anyone have any suggestions?? THank you!!!

6 replies
grams Posted 19 Jan 2011 , 5:16pm
post #2 of 7

How about a road going from a NJ landmark to a Colorado landmark. Shore to mountains.

DeezTreatz Posted 21 Jan 2011 , 3:12am
post #4 of 7

There are those heart candies at valentines "Miss You" ..."Be Mine" Etc..
You could do a cake - covered in white fondant - with little colored hearts with sayings on them:

"Miss You"
"Come visit"
"Call me"

Good luck icon_smile.gif

MissBlu Posted 21 Jan 2011 , 4:01pm
post #5 of 7

How about a car with Jersey tags and the windows saying colorado or bust?

A gps sheet cake with the route showing NJ to Colorado.

Open scrapbook - NJ page (Old family portrait, school pics, and the similiar) and a CO page (place holders for "Our Place," Family Visit," "Friends Forever")

CakelynsFinest Posted 22 Jan 2011 , 11:38pm
post #6 of 7

How about making suitcase for each tier and maybe you can have a road (or map) on the cake base with Colorado and NJ on each side? You can make suitcase tags that say "Filled with wonderful memories."

Christina1207 Posted 26 Jan 2011 , 7:46pm
post #7 of 7

What part of CO are you moving to? Since we have Denver, the mountains and then there is the small towns in the country?

Quote by @%username% on %date%